Krissen Pillay is a counsel at the Ho Chi Minh City office. He focuses on mergers & acquisitions, corporate and commercial matters, and private equity.
Krissen is a South African qualified lawyer and registered with the Legal Practice Council of South Africa and a registered foreign lawyer in Vietnam. Krissen has worked on M&A transactions across various sectors, including cross-border transactions.
University of Cape Town, Certificate: Basics of Financial Management (2018)
University of Cape Town, LL.B. (2006) (Dean’s Merit List)
Legal Practice Council, South Africa
Registered Foreign Lawyer in Vietnam
- Advised VPBank in the sale of 49% stake in FE Credit to Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (US$1,4 billion);
- Advised Swire Beverage Holdings (Hong Kong) as Vietnamese local counsel in its acquisition of Coca Cola Beverages in Vietnam and Cambodia (US$1 billion);
- Advised Phuong Chau Hospital Group on the acquisition by CVC Capital Partners of 60% stake in the Group;
- Advised on the acquisition by DA’realty of the Ambassador Hotel (in excess of ZAR200 million) in Cape Town, South Africa to be developed into luxury apartments (ZAR1 billion);
- Advised on the restructuring of South African gaming and leisure group (transaction value in region of ZAR5 billion);
- Advised on attempted take-over (hostile) of large listed company on Johannesburg Stock Exchange (ZAR5 billion); and
- Advised on the structuring and implementation of Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment transactions (similar to local ownership) for listed European chemical company and Nasdaq listed technology company.
- Vietnam Chapter | 2022 The Corporate Governance Review | The Law Reviews – 12th Edition (2022).
- Vietnam Chapter | 2021 The Corporate Governance Review | The Law Reviews – 11th Edition.
- Vietnam Chapter | The Legal 500 Private Equity Country Comparative Guide (2nd edition) (2020).
- “Big” MAC clause in Vietnam – The Covid-19 Make-over in M&A Deals (2020).