Minh works for YKVN at the Ho Chi Minh City office for more than 7 years and was promoted as a senior associate since March 2023.
His practice focuses on capital market, M&A transactions, finance and banking, and ADR. Minh has worked on numerous DCM offerings in both private placement and public offering.
Minh also participates in a number of ECM deals in Vietnam. In addition, he advises foreign investors on the sale and purchase of shares in private companies and public companies, including credit institutions.
He has been also involved in finance and banking matters (including cross-border secured transactions), which frequently cover project finance, corporate finance, and bank M&A.
Finally, Minh also assists in various high-profile arbitration, mediation, and litigation cases of M&A disputes.
Clifford Chance APAC Fundamentals of Financial Markets Course (2022)
University of Economics and Law (Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City) (LL.B., 2014)
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Advised Mobile World Investment Corporation (HOSE: MWG) as bond issuer on its VND1,135 billion bonds, which are guaranteed by Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF) – a trust fund of the Asian Development Bank (ADB);
- Advised Hoan My Medical Corporation as bond issuer on its VND2,230 billion bonds, which are guaranteed by CGIF;
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank (Vietnam) Limited as placement agent in an issuance of VND660 billion bonds by Nam Long Investment Corporation (HOSE: NLG), which are guaranteed by GuarantCo Ltd. – a part of the Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) which operates along the project life cycle and across the capital structure;
- Advised Masan Group Corporation (MSN – HOSE: MSN) – one of the top three largest private sector companies in Vietnam in terms of market capitalization – as issuer on its various bond deals: private placements of VND5,500 billion secured bonds in 2015, VND3,000 billion bonds in 2017, VND4,000 billion bonds in 2020; and public offerings of VND1,500 billion bonds in 2019, VND10,000 billion and VND4,000 billion in 2020, and VND1500 billion in 2022;
- Advised Masan Resources Corporation (n.k.a. Masan High-Tech Materials Corporation (MHT) (UPCoM: MSR), a global leader in providing advanced tungsten materials and also a globally significant producer of fluorspar and bismuth, as issuer on its two issuances of total VND2,500 billion bonds in 2018 and an issuance of VND500 billion bonds in 2019, and VND1,000 billion bonds in 2021;
- Advised Nui Phao Mining Corporation (NPM), a subsidiary of MHT, as bond issuer on its various bond deals: private placements of total VND1,500 billion bonds in 2018, total VND2,300 billion bonds in 2019, and VND3,300 billion bonds in 2020; and public offering of VND3,000 billion bonds in 2019;
- Advised Masan MEATLife Corporation (UPCoM: MML), a subsidiary of MSN, which is Vietnam’s one of the largest fully-integrated (“Feed-Farm-Food” business model) platform, in a public offering of VND1,999,980,000 bonds in 2021;
- Advised VPS Securities in the issuances of total VND4,800 billion bonds in 2021 by Truong Hai Auto Corporation (THACO), one of the leading automobile manufacturers in Vietnam, and its agricultural arm namely Truong Hai Agriculture Joint Stock Company (THAGRICO) as issuers;
- Advised Phu My Hung Development Corporation (PMH), the infrastructure developer of the new urban area of Ho Chi Minh City, regarding its issuance of USD80 million international bonds, which are guaranteed by The Taipei Fubon Bank Co. Ltd., a Taiwan-based bank within Fubon Financial Holdings, one of Asia’s first-class financial institutions. The PMH bonds are the very first bonds successfully listed on the Taipei Exchange (TPEx);
- Advised Credit Suisse as the underwriter for the green bond issue by project companies in Trung Nam Group. Those project companies hold renewable assets, and the bond proceeds will be used to finance those projects;
- Advised Ho Chi Minh City Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank – HOSE: HDB) as issuer of USD165 million international bonds to increase tier-2 equity to the investors including International Finance Corporation (IFC) – a member of the World Bank, DEG – Deutsche Investitions-und Entwicklungsgesellschaft, and LeapFrog Investments; and
- Advised a finance company in its multiple issuances of corporate bonds of up to VND5,000 billion in 2022.
- Advised certain private equity funds such as Mizuho and VinaCapital in its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam;
- Advised Masan Nutri-Science Corporation and its parent company, Masan Group Corporation on sales of stakes in Masan Nutri-Science Corporation which engages meat-producing business and stakes of Masan Group Corporation itself, to global investment firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LP (KKR) with total value of USD250 million;
- Advised TAEL Two Partners Ltd, a regional investment fund, in its acquisition of major stakes in R.C Real Estate Development and Finance Corporation, a large real estate company in Vietnam, with total value of more than VND333 billion;
- Advised Gaw Capital in its sale of shares in a holding company which in turn holds the entire capital contribution in a Vietnamese developer of a real estate project of residential-commercial-office buildings in Ha Noi, Vietnam, and other onshore and offshore related acquisitions in relation to a high-tech zone development project in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advised Trung Thuy Group Corporation (TTG) in relation to the sales of its controlling stake in Tan Phu Long Joint Stock Company, the developer of a building complex of commercial apartments for sale, offices for lease and condotels, namely “Lancaster Luminaire”, located in Ha Noi, to Toshin Development, a Japanese commercial developer within the Takashimaya Group; and
- Advised a global logistics property developer in its various acquisitions of controlling stakes in the industrial developers.
Banking & Finance
- Advised Prudential in the sale of its entire equity in a finance company in Vietnam to Shinhan Card Co., Ltd, which is the Korea’s biggest and global top-five credit card company;
- Advised Da Nhim – Ham Thuan – Da Mi Hydro Power Joint Stock Company, a public company engaging in power generation in Vietnam, as borrower of the syndicated facilities of up to USD37,000,000 to finance the first large-scale the installation of a 47.5 MW peak floating photovoltaic solar power facility on the man-made reservoir of DHD’s existing 175 MW Da Mi hydropower plant from a group of lenders led by Asean Development Bank (ADB);
- Advised An Thuy Anh Investment Corporation as borrower of a syndicated term loan facility of VND347 billion co-financed by Bank SinoPac HCMC Branch and First Commercial Bank HCMC Branch (FCB);
- Advised ADB as lender of a term loan facility up to USD7 million to Imexpharm Pharmaceutical JSC to fund its new production lines;
- Advised National Westminter Bank plc (NWB) as security trustee for senior lenders including NWB and HSBC UK Bank plc in the cross-border secured transactions involving assets of the obligors in Vietnam for the senior term loan facility (with a greenshoe option) provided by the banks;
- Advised a foreign bank branch in Vietnam in the term loan and guarantee combined and syndicated facilities up to USD50 million provided to a construction company for its expansion of business operation;
- Advised SeaTown Private Credit Master Fund in the term loan facility up USD60 million to No Va Land Investment Group Corporation in 2021 and an upsize of up to USD50 million in 2022 for financing its urban development project; and
- Advised a foreign bank branch in Vietnam in a syndicated loan facility of up to VND650 billion to finance the project of construction of a university.
- Advised BUNGE on settlement of enduring disputes with a local joint-venture partner by a multi-million-dollar buy-out that also ended a series of multi-level legal proceeding lasting more than seven years;
- Advised founding/warrantor shareholders in the settling dispute with the global pharmaceutical corporation in relation to the acquiring transaction in joint venture pharmaceutical company with total value of dispute is more than USD60 million;
- Advised a Vietnamese individual in a VIAC case of invalidating a share purchase agreement with a leading corporation in Vietnam regarding the shares transfer in an offshore company, and then a derivative case at the court to cancel the arbitral award thereof;
- Advised three Vietnamese individual sellers in a VIAC case against the buyer being a leader in vegetable seeds and the second largest seed company in the world in relation to a claim of the retained amount being part of the purchase price under the share transfer agreement; and
- Assisted a stated-owned energy corporation of Vietnam and a Korean contractor in a mediation of claims arising from their EPC contract.
- Vietnam Chapter, The Legal 500 Litigation Country Comparative Guide 2020 (2nd Edition) (Co-author)