Nguyen Thu Hang is a partner of YKVN at Ho Chi Minh City office. Her practice focuses on private equity, M&A transactions, banking and finance, and corporate matters.
Hang regularly advises foreign and Vietnamese investors on the purchase and sale of shares in listed and unlisted companies. Hang has been also involved in lending and security transactions in Vietnam as well as bonds issuance transactions of corporations having large capitalisation in Vietnam market.
Finally, Hang has also advised on corporate and investment activities in Vietnam.
University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Business Association Summer Course (2016)
Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, LL.B. (2007)
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
- Advised Warburg Pincus on the strategic partnership with Vingroup Joint Stock Company to substantially build out Vingroup’s retail property business;
- Advised Marico Ltd, one of the leading Indian consumer goods and beauty-care services companies, on its acquisition of 85% stake in International Consumer Products Corporation (ICP), one of the fastest growing fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies in Vietnam;
- Advised Semen Gresik, one of the leading Indonesia cement companies, on its acquisition of 70% stake in Thang Long Cement Joint Stock Company;
- Advised Credit Suisse on the exchange of high yield bonds issued by Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Company into shares of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Company;
- Advised shareholders of Tropical Development and Investment Corporation, one of the companies operating in seeds, agricultural products and fertilizers in Vietnam, on the sale of 100% stake in Tropical Development and Investment Corporation to a French company;
- Advised Dream Incubator on its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam such as Nutifood and Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument JSC;
- Advised Masan Group Corporation as buyer on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Nui Phao Mining Project from Dragon Capital;
- Advised Masan Group Corporation as seller on a number of sales of stakes in its subsidiaries to BankInvest, Mekong Capital, House Food, KKR and TPG;
- Advised certain private equity funds such as BankInvest and VinaCapital on their investments in a number of companies in Vietnam;
- Advised ICA, a local pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of a pharmaceutical production plant wholly owned by Ranbaxy;
- Advised Nui Phao Mining Company Limited on setting up a joint venture company with H.C.Starck engaging in manufacturing tungsten;
- Advised Central Group Corporation on its investments in Nguyen Kim Trading Joint Stock Company, Recess Logistic and Retail Company Limited (Zalora) and Big C Vietnam;
- Advised Vietnam Oman Fund (VOI) on its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam;
- Advised shareholders of Oai Hung Manufacturing Joint Stock Company, one of the companies operating in packing in Vietnam, on the sale of 100% stake in Oai Hung Manufacturing Joint Stock Company to a Spain company;
- Advised Transcosmos Inc., a Japanese company on its investment in Hotdeal Joint Stock Company;
- Advised NoVa Land Investment Group Corporation on its issuance of preference shares to Dragon Capital and VinaCapital;
- Advised TAEL Two Partners Ltd. on its investments in number of companies in Vietnam;
- Advised shareholders of A My Gia Joint Stock Company, one of the companies manufacturing and distributing household products including fragrance and anti-insects products with a major focus on household detergent in Vietnam, on sale of 100% stake in A My Gia Joint Stock Company to a Japan company;
- Advised Tien Phuoc & 990 Company Limited on the sale of shares in its real estate company to a Japanese company;
- Advised Mitsubishi Corporation on its acquisition of a real estate project in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam;
- Advised Temasek on its acquisition of shares in VNG Corporation;
- Advised Prudential Group on its divestment of 100% stake in Prudential Vietnam Finance Company Limited; and
- Advised JD.com on the acquisition of a significant stake in Tiki, a successful Vietnamese B2C (Business to Consumer) e-commerce company.
Banking and Finance
- Advised foreign and local banks such as Vietcombank, BIDV, BTMU, Bank of India, Home Credit, Shinhan Bank and The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) on operation matters such as loans, foreign loans, security arrangements, regulatory compliance and restructuring debts portfolio;
- Advised Deutsche Bank on its capacity as an escrow agent in Vietnam (including reviewing escrow agreements templates);
- Advised HD Bank on its merger transaction with PV Bank;
- Advised China Construction Bank (CCB) on granting loans to China Aircraft Leasing Company Limited in relation to the acquisition of two Airbus A320-232 aircraft (drafting Vietnamese Mortgage Agreements and legal opinions and advising enforcement procedures of aircraft in Vietnam);
- Advised Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) on setting up a joint venture company with Metlife engaging in insurance;
- Advised Empire City LLC on reviewing loan agreements and security agreements with a Vietnamese bank;
- Advised Ma San Group Corporation on a number of pre-IPO convertible financings with TPG and Goldman Sachs;
- Advised Masan Group Corporation as bond issuer on its issuance of straight bonds and options to Viet Capital Securities Joint Stock Company;
- Advised International Finance Corporation (IFC) as a bondholder on its acquisitions of convertible bonds in An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank; and
- Advised Temasek Holdings as a bondholder on its acquisition of exchangeable bonds and convertible bonds in Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Company and its subsidiary, Hoang Anh Gia Lai Agricultural Joint Stock Company (formerly known as Hoang Anh Gia Lai Rubber Joint Stock Company).
- Represented ITACO as an issuer counsel on the proposed offshore offering and listing of its shares on the SGX-ST.
Notable Practitioner | Capital Markets | Asialaw | 2023, 2022, 2021
Recommended Lawyer | Banking & Finance | Legal 500 | 2023, 2022